Lilypie

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Back from the dr

Cory got to come with me to my ob checkup today. We discussed the pros and cons of doing a VBAC. Since i had a c-section w/Chloie Dr Sullivan can not induce me but if i go into labor will let me try to continue labor and have Claire. She did check me today and told me my cervix is softening. She thinks i may go into labor. I am now starting to go weekly now. Next week we will do an ultrasound and make sure what position Miss Claire is in and to see how much she weighs. We will also schedule a c-section for May 1st incase i do not go into labor by then. She thinks i do have a good chance going into labor and having a VBAC so we will see!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can get her to do a stretch and sweep Crystal. Its a natural way to induce.. sort of..
My midwife did it for me the morning of the 15th at 9 o clock and Helyn was born at 7.
You have to do it longer, and if she does it right, it will be uncomfortable... but it works.

Sounds like things are moving along.. hope we get to see Claire soon.

Millicent said...

Good suggestion Chris!

Any reason they aren't letting you go until your due date? Would give you more time to go into labor on your own. 2 weeks early just seems too early to be scheduling a c-section.... Plus going into labor, even if you don't have a VBAC is good for the baby. Helps with their lungs and breathing. Just surprised as I was told I could go at least 10 days overdue, barring any complications. Hope this doesn't upset you. Just thoughts I am having.

I really hope you go into labor soon and have an easy labor and birth. I can't say how excited I am! I have prayed for this day for you many times. Dying to see pics of Claire! Especially Claire and Chloie together!